Let’s admit. We love our accessories and jewellery. Most times, your jewellery will have sentimental meaning to you which adds to their worth in your eyes. That diamante stud earring or your gold bracelet which was given to you by your mother soon become precious possessions. Anything that is precious must be taken care of properly.
In today’s post on the Leries Accessories blog, we want to teach you how to store and take care of your accessories.
Before we start we must state this point – If you want your precious jewellery to stay safe and in good condition for many years, it is very important to make sure that it is stored properly. Jewelry that is not stored well can become damaged over time or get lost.
Since that’s out of the way, how should you store your jewellery?
- Keep your jewellery in a clean and dry place, such as a jewellery box or a case that is lined with fabric lined. If you do not have a jewellery box, you can use an ordinary box but make sure you wrap each piece individually in soft tissue paper.
- Use the pouch or case that come with your jewellery when you first bought them. They have been specially created to protect your jewellery.
- If you have many accessories, make sure you get a jewellery box that is big enough and has several compartments within it so your necklaces do not get tangled for example.
- Always ensure that your jewellery box is tidy in order to prevent any piece getting lost. Put earrings together and bracelets in its own compartment.
- Store your gold pieces in a soft cloth bag. This will prevent them from getting scratched or damaged.
- Silver jewellery should always be kept dry. Always store them in a tarnish-proof cloth away from exposure to the air. You can even buy special silver storage boxes that are lined with this type of tarnish-proof fabric so that they will keep your silver jewellery safe.
- Never let your silver jewellery touch rubber items such as rubber bands. The sulphur within the rubber will cause the silver to tarnish.
- Diamonds can also scratch silver, gold and platinum. In order to prevent this, you should keep it in a soft cloth pouch.
- Store the jewellery that you wear frequently separately so that you can find them easily when you need to wear them.